Eloise graduated from the Australian Catholic University with a Bachelor of Occupational Therapy. Eloise is passionate about working with and supporting children and their families to achieve their goals. She has experience working with both children and adults in areas of:
- Mental Health – Delivering targeted interventions including sensory modulation and motivational interviewing to increase independence in daily activities at home, school, work or in the community. She has experience working with a range of conditions including Depression, Anxiety, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Anti-social Personality Disorder and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Physical Health – This can include equipment prescription, education, pain management and energy conservation techniques. Eloise has experience working with clients who have experienced traumatic brain/spinal cord injuries and a range of musculoskeletal/orthopaedic injuries.
- Daily living skills and self-care – This can include teaching skills to increase independence in playing, dressing, toileting, feeding, showering, dressing and sleeping. Eloise has experience developing these skills with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tourette syndrome and Down Syndrome.
- Sensory Processing – This can include sensory modulation strategies to regulate a client’s neurological arousal to engage in meaningful activities. Eloise has experience in the assessment and treatment of both children and adults experiencing sensory processing difficulties.
- Social Skills – This can include developing play skills such as turn-taking, following rules and instructions, using eye contact with peers and sharing. Eloise has experience using social stories with children diagnosed with Down Syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorder to teach and facilitate safe play skills.
- Functional Capacity Evaluations – Eloise has experience completing Functional Capacity Evaluations to assess an individual’s capacity to perform their pre-injury work and home activities. This involves experience with detailed report writing of complex injury and trauma cases.
In her spare time, Eloise enjoys hiking, playing Water Polo and spending time with her family.
Eloise is available at our Wynnum clinic, at home or school.