Joanna completed a Bachelor of Psychological Science and a Master of Psychology (Sport and Exercise) degree at the University of Queensland. She is a registered psychologist and also a member of the Australian Psychological Society.
Joanna enjoys working with children, adolescents and adults. She has experience in a range of areas having worked in schools, community mental health organisations and with sporting teams. Joanna specialised in sport and exercise psychology during her postgraduate study and has a special interest in working with clients in achieving their performance and well being goals. Her skill areas include:
- Performance enhancement and mental skill development
- Concentration and mental preparation
- Anxiety and stress management
- Health and well being coaching
- Pain management and coping with injuries
- Life transitions
- Grief and loss
- Balancing life areas (e.g., study, sport, employment, family life)
- Assessments (e.g. achievement, performance, etc)
- Team work / communication / social skills
Joanna also has experience with developmental disorders and completing cognitive, behavioural, and learning assessments.
In her spare time, Joanna enjoys surfing and being at the beach as well as reading, cooking and spending time with her family, friends, and pets.
If you would like to book an appointment in with Joanna, please contact our admin team on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 38907033.