Kathryn is a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist with a special interest in supporting children of all ages with complex communication needs, and younger children with developmental language delays and disorders. She has worked as a member of varied multi-disciplinary teams supporting the communication development of children in educational settings, autism-specific programs and Disability Services before joining the team at Psychological Solutions.
Kathryn has two young children so she has an understanding of how busy everyday life is as a parent. She appreciates that speech and language challenges add yet another layer of complexity to the parenting role .Kathryn understands the need for parents to have simple, effective and fun ways to support their children’s language development.
Kathryn has specialised training in a number of programs including but not limited to:
- “It Takes Two To Talk” – The Hanen Program for Parents of Children with Language Delays
- “More Than Words” – The Hanen Program for Parents of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) Basic
- Key Word Signing to support communication
- Pragmatic Organisational Dynamic Display (PODD)
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to feeding
- SENSE-ational Mealtimes
*KAT IS CURRENTLY ON MATERNITY LEAVE AS OF 2019*