Victor — Speech Pathologist
Victor received his Master of Speech Pathology Studies from the University of Queensland. Victor is a Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist with Speech Pathology Australia.
Victor can speak Mandarin and Cantonese, as well as English. He has worked with many families from different cultural backgrounds.
Victor has worked with many children and supported their families with a variety of difficulties. This includes speech and apraxia, language development, literacy, fluency, swallowing and social skills.
Victor is passionate about developing functional and realistic goals with families and strives to achieve them.
Victor has worked in both private practice and educational settings. He has experience working with both children and adults. He has provided workshops and training to adults who struggle with certain aspects of their lives/work, such as voice issues, language differences versus language difficulties, communication strategies within the family, Augmentative and Alternative Communication devices and many more.
Victor also has experience with:
- Clients with Motor Neurone Disease (MND), assisting them to develop appropriate goals and to manage their swallowing and communication difficulties
- Assessment support for nursing homes
- Set up high tech and low tech eye-gaze systems
- Rehabilitation for brain injuries
- Insurance claims ~ assessment, therapy, reporting, employment assistance
- Assessment and training for disability service providers
- Carer training
- Community access needs analysis and training
- Work-specific skills training
- Accent modification
- Social skills and language programs for professional sports players
- Consultation and set up communication systems within a company
On the outside, Victor seems absolutely crazy about his sports, but he just wants to have fun! Victor enjoys basketball, tenpin bowling, tennis, badminton, golf…and the list goes on. He loves his food and he loves to cook and share recipes with others.